Now Playing
Power 106.1
Last Song Played
Duval's TRU HIP HOP Station
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Power 106.1
Last Song Played
Duval's TRU HIP HOP Station

celebrity news

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

Kim Kardashian deletes social media post on Manchester attack after fiery backlash

Reality TV star Kim Kardashian has removed a photo of herself and Ariana Grande from social media after an intense backlash over the posting, which was intended to show sympathy for the victims of the Manchester concert bombing and Grande, but instead caused a social media uproar.

>> Read more trending news

Kardashian posted the photo of herself and Grande having a good time and smiling at another concert event on Twitter and Instagram, with a caption that read, “Concerts are supposed to be a place where u can let loose & have fun. So scary to not feel safe in the world. @arianagrande I love you.”

>> Related: Ariana Grande cancels tour following Manchester attack

The pair are friends, but social media users questioned the use of the photo featuring a laughing Kardashian and a grinning Grande for a message about such a somber event.

The attack on the concert hall in Manchester Monday night as Grande was wrapping up her show killed 22 people and injured almost 60 others.

Lance Armstrong engaged to longtime girlfriend Anna Hansen

Former professional cyclist Lance Armstrong is getting married to longtime girlfriend Anna Hansen.  

Armstrong, 45, popped the question Tuesday evening at Lake Austin. In a photo posted to Armstrong’s Instagram account, Hansen sits on his lap with a sparkling engagement ring on her finger while the sun sets in the background.

The photo was taken by Austin photojournalist Elizabeth Kruetz.

>> Read more trending news

“She said ….. YES!!!!” Armstrong posted on Instagram.

The couple met through charity work and started dating nine years ago. They have two children together – Max, 7, and Olivia, 6. Armstrong and Hansen spend summers in Aspen, Colorado, and the rest of the year in Austin, Texas, where their children attend school.  

There is no word yet on when or where the wedding will take place.  

Armstrong was previously married to Kristin Armstrong, with whom he had three children – Luke, 17, and twins Grace and Isabelle, 15. They divorced in 2003.

Bill Cosby lawyers criticize lack of minority jury candidates

With 100 people questioned, attorneys for comedian Bill Cosby say the jury pool is overwhelmingly white and prosecutors are trying to keep black jurors off the panel.

>> Read more trending news

Cosby's lawyers say of the 100 candidates already questioned, only 16 weren't white. Prosecutors have used their strikes to send two black women home, although they say race was not a factor in those decisions.

Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Steven O'Neill has rejected defense attorneys' allegations of race bias.

Currently, 11 people have been chosen for the jury so far. Ten are white, and one is black. Seven are men, the rest women. One more juror and six more alternates need to be selected.

The third day of jury selection at the Allegheny County Courthouse, Downtown, begins this morning, and Cosby is expected to be present again.

 

Sean Hannity speaks out after Fox News retracts Seth Rich story

Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was shot and killed in 2016 in what authorities have said was an attempted robbery.

Since his death, some conservative media outlets have suggested that Rich had been in contact with WikiLeaks – a claim Rich's family said it had "seen no evidence" of – and may have been killed for political purposes, CNN reported. Recent developments regarding former FBI Director James Comey’s firing and the investigation into any potential collusion between President Donald Trump’s administration and the Russian government also were met with stories suggesting a cover-up in Rich’s death.

>> Read more trending news

The slain DNC staffer’s family has since asked outlets to stop touting the conspiracy theory, according to CNN.

On Tuesday, Fox News retracted one of its stories about Rich.

Many wondered how Fox News anchor Sean Hannity would react, as he has spent a great deal of time discussing the conspiracy theory.

On Tuesday, Hannity told his radio audience that he would stay the course.

“I feel so badly for this family and what they have been through and what they are going through,” he said, mentioning the family’s desire to “find the truth.” Hannity also said he sent his “thoughts and prayers.”

>> Listen here

From there, Hannity said finding a connection between WikiLeaks and a whistleblower in the DNC – “take Seth out of it” – was important as “the Russia collusion narrative is hanging by a thread.” Hannity suggested that the existence of the whistleblower would show that the source of the WikiLeaks revelation came from an internal source, not Russia.

“These are questions that I have a moral obligation to ask,” he said, promising to “do the mainstream media’s job.”

“And all you in the liberal media, I am not FoxNews.com. I retracted nothing,” he added.

Audio from Hannity’s show was shared by several sources, including liberal watchdog group Media Matters for America. The Fox News anchor accused the organization of trying to get him fired, referencing its published list of his advertisers:

But later Tuesday evening, Hannity appeared to soften his tone during his television show.

"Out of respect for the family's wishes for now, I am not discussing this matter at this time," Hannity said.

He added, “To the extent to my ability, I am not going to stop trying to find the truth. ... And at the proper time, we shall continue and talk a lot more." 

>> Watch the clip here

'Dancing With the Stars' crowns new winner

Congratulations to Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater, the new winners of "Dancing With the Stars."

Jennings came into night two of the two-part finale on the top of the leaderboard. On Monday night, he and partner Slater performed two back-to-back flawless routines that left the judges and audience on their feet. He first performed a flawless Viennese waltz followed by a funky freestyle that earned high praises from the judges.

After part one of the finale, it was clear Jennings had his game face on.

For part two, Jennings and Slater performed a cha-cha and tango fusion as their “24 Hour Challenge.” Slater applauded Jennings’ willingness to “go there” throughout the season.

Bruno Tonioli called the performance “dazzling” and told Jennings he was a “rising star” throughout the competition. Len Goodman shared that was surprised Jennings made it to the finals and applauded him for making it all the way to the end. And fans will be happy to hear that Jennings is joining the summer “DWTS” Summer Nights tour.

>> Read more trending news

The duo earned 39 out of a possible 40 points.

The pair smiled as Jennings took one more final bow with his new trophy surrounded by his fellow season 24 competitors.

Monica Lewinsky rips Roger Ailes for launching 'culture of exploitation'

Monica Lewinsky penned an op-ed piece in the New York Times ripping former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who died last week.

She opened her piece by saying her words are not meant to be another obituary for Ailes, but "I hope, instead, an obituary for the culture he purveyed — a culture that affected me profoundly and personally,” she wrote.

>> Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes dead at 77

She continued, “Just two years after Rupert Murdoch appointed Mr. Ailes to head the new cable news network, my relationship with President Bill Clinton became public. Mr. Ailes, a former Republican political operative, took the story of the affair and the trial that followed and made certain his anchors hammered it ceaselessly, 24 hours a day.”

>> Medical examiner: Roger Ailes' death was accidental

She emphasized that their tactic worked like a charm. The Clinton-Lewinsky scandal hooked viewers as it unraveled, turning casual viewers into Fox loyalists. Fox cemented itself as the No. 1 news station, where it has remained for the last 15 years. Lewinsky also said that last year, the network made about $2.3 billion.

Lewinsky called it “a culture of exploitation,” and she railed on the environment fostered at Fox News and other cable news networks that use titillating stories to drive ratings.

"Their dream was my nightmare. My character, my looks and my life were picked apart mercilessly,” Lewinsky wrote. “Truth and fiction mixed at random in the service of higher ratings. My family and I huddled at home, worried about my going to jail — I was the original target of Kenneth Starr’s investigation, threatened with 27 years for having been accused of signing a false affidavit and other alleged crimes — or worse, me taking my own life. Meantime, Mr. Ailes huddled with his employees at Fox News, dictating a lineup of talking heads to best exploit this personal and national tragedy."

>> Read more trending news

Lewinsky said the firing of Ailes after sexual harassment allegations, and more recently the firing of disgraced former Fox News ratings king Bill O’Reilly following multiple sexual harassment allegations and some $13 million in settlements paid to women, shows that Fox News’ culture extended beyond the ratings game.

“The irony of Mr. Ailes’s career at Fox — that he harnessed a sex scandal to build a cable juggernaut and then was brought down by his own — was not lost on anyone who has been paying attention,” Lewinsky wrote.

Actress, heiress Dina Merrill has died; grew up at Mar a Lago, sold to Trump 

Actress and rebellious heiress, Dina Merill, who defied her super-rich parents to become a movie star, often portraying stylish wives or “the other woman,” has died at age 93.

Merrill, raised in part at the Mar a Lago estate in Florida now owned by President Donald Trump, died Monday, according to a family spokeswoman.

>> Read more trending news

Merrill had Lewy Body dementia, according to her son, Stanley H. Rumbough.

Starting in the 1950s, Merrill appeared in more than 100 films and television programs, her break coming after Katharine Hepburn recommended her for the 1957 Tracy-Hepburn comedy “The Desk Set.” Merrill, who had the poised, aristocratic beauty of fellow blonde Grace Kelly, co-starred with Cary Grant and Tony Curtis in “Operation Petticoat,” Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr in “The Sundowners” and Oscar winner Elizabeth Taylor in “Butterfield 8.” More recently, she was part of Robert Altman’s ensemble cast for the Hollywood satire “The Player” and in television programs such as “Murder, She Wrote” and “The Nanny.”

>> Related: A peek inside historic Mar a Lago

But becoming an actress was not considered proper for someone of Merrill’s privileged status. Her mother was Marjorie Merriweather Post, heiress to the Post cereal fortune and one of the nation’s richest women. Her father was E.F. Hutton, founder of the stockbroker firm that bore his name. Heiress Barbara Hutton was a cousin.

>> Related: PHOTOS: Inside Trump’s Mar a Lago

“Mother was politically and diplomatically and every which way well connected,” Merrill remarked in 2000, “but she didn’t know anyone in show business. Of course my parents’ eyebrows shot up when I said I wanted to be an actress. And I guess they said, really between themselves, ‘Let the dear girl try and fall on her face.’”

 Read more here.

Robert Downey Jr. purchases $10.5 million windmill home

Actor Robert Downey Jr. has some a new residence in New York’s Hamptons, and from the looks of it, the purchase is a wind-wind.

>> Related: This notorious celebrity home has hit the market for a staggering $67 million

The eccentric mansion, fully equipped with a windmill, is eye-catching on the inside and out.

>> Related: Get a look inside Blake Shelton’s family home in Oklahoma

According to Behind the Hedges, the home was built near the end of the 19th century and was recently listed with a $10.5 million price tag.

Pictures of the home show lush grounds and a spacious interior.

The four-acre property has three-car garage, a 50-foot pool, a guest house, a tennis court and gardens. Though the windmill has previously only been for show, offices and libraries are contained inside of it.

>> Read more trending news

The 52-year-old actor will have quite the summer ahead of him living in a home that will blow many people away, figuratively speaking.

Football Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy dead at 48

Former University of Miami All-American and a member of the 1989 national championship team Cortez Kennedy, also a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has died at the age of 48, according to the Orlando Police Department.

>> Read more trending news

No cause of death has been given to this point.

Orlando police confirmed to ESPN that, “they are investigating Kennedy’s death, but also said ‘there is nothing suspicious to report’ at this time.”

Kennedy went on to play 11 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks from 1990-2000, was named the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year in 1992 and made eight Pro Bowls.

See the latest on PalmBeachPost.com

Ryan Seacrest didn’t know Jeffrey Tambor; thought he was a dead actor

New “Live” co-host Ryan Seacrest found himself in a tight spot when he misidentified actor Jeffrey Tambor when Tambor was a guest on the show.

Seacrest thought Tambor was an actor from the film “Ghost.”

>> Read more trending news

In the clip from the show, the new host listed a few of Tambor’s credits before adding that he enjoyed Tambor’s performance as “the scary guy on the subway” in the classic 1990 film but the “Transparent” actor was not in “Ghost.” 

“Oh, this is horrible. You’re going to be embarrassed. That’s not me,” Tambor said. “It’s Vincent Schiavelli.”

“No wonder it wasn’t in anybody’s notes. I was like, ‘I think he’s the scary guy from ‘Ghost,’” Seacrest scrambled.

Tambor continued, “Wow, here we go. He’s dead.”

That’s when Kelly Ripa tried to jump in and ease the growing tension.

“But you’re still here!” she joked to the actor.

Before letting it go, Tambor decided to have a little fun with the co-hosts.

“We tried to book Vincent Schiavelli, but he’s passed away and here I am,” he said as a photo of Schiavelli came on the screen. “What is wrong with you? I came on to sell a book, not to be insulted. I am hurt. My reps are here, and we are filing an action lawsuit. I came on in good faith.”

According to Tambor, this isn’t the first time he has been mistaken for Schiavelli. Tambor revealed that he was once on a train and a waiter approached him, threw down his napkin and recited Schiavelli’s famous line, “Get off my train!”

“I said, ‘Sir, I just ordered the pasta.’ He was imitating Vincent Schiavelli, who is a spitting image, obviously,” Tambor joked.

Tambor took the mix-up in stride and didn’t seem to have any hard feelings about mistake.

 

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >