St. Johns County, Fla, — Early midterm election voting begins today, Wednesday, October 26, and runs through November 5 at eight locations across St. Johns County from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Nassau County voters can also begin casting their ballots from October 26 through November 5 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
Registered voters are required to present a valid picture and signature ID. During early voting - and only during early voting - those lacking proper identification will be given a provisional ballot.
Mail in ballots can be dropped off at any of the eight St. Johns early voting sites during early voting hours, at a Secure Ballot Intake Station, or at the Supervisor of Elections office during office hours.
According to St. Johns County Supervisor of elections, Vicky Oakes, voters should come prepared to complete a 17-inch long, two-sided ballot.
“Prepare before going to vote because the ballots in St. Johns County are long,” she said. “There are Federal, state and local races in St. Johns County. There are judicial races, constitutional amendments plus a local referenda. You will save yourself time. Every voter was mailed a sample ballot. If they didn’t review their own, sample ballots can be found on our website Vicky Oakes St. Johns County Supervisor of Elections .”
Oakes is also encouraging voters to make sure their information is current. While changes can be made during early voting days, changes made on Election Day will require voters to be re-routed to their precinct as directed by their address.
Oakes describes the early voting process as convenient.
“You can pick the location, date and time that’s for convenient for you - even on a Saturday or Sunday,” she concluded, “And there’s no wrong place to go as long as you vote in our County, you can choose to vote at any of our locations.”
Early voting sites in St. Johns County include:
- Ponte Vedra Branch Library, 101 Library Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, 1050 A1A North, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- Julington Creek Annex, 725 Flora Branch Blvd., St. Johns, FL 32259
- SilverLeaf Amenity Center, 218 Silver Forest Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32092
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 4455 Avenue A, Suite 101, St. Augustine, FL 32095
- St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South, St. Augustine, FL 32080
- Southeast Branch Library, 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, FL 32086
- Hastings Branch Library, 6195 S. Main St., Hastings, FL 32145
Nassau County sites include:
- Atlantic Avenue Recreation Center, 2500 Atlantic Ave Fernandina Beach FL 32034
- Hilliard Community Center, 37177 Pecan St Hilliard FL 32046
- James S. Page Governmental Complex, 96135 Nassau Plc Yulee FL 32097
- Walter Junior Boatright County Building, 45401 N Mickler St Callahan FL 32011
- Yulee Sports Complex, 86142 Goodbread Rd Yulee FL 32097
©2022 Cox Media Group